The United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a volunteer-supported program that helps people with household incomes of up to $58,000 annually, prepared and electronically file their federal and state tax returns at no cost. Registration is open now until March 4th, 2022.
The Village for Families and Children, in partnership with United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut and volunteers connect working families with opportunities through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance campaign. Together, we help lower-to-moderate wage-earning individuals and families, with annual incomes up to $58,000, get ahead financially, pay down debt and work toward saving for the future.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
• Commit to just one, four-hour long shift per week from Mid-January through mid-April 2022 (in-person sites located throughout Greater Hartford, Windham or virtual opportunities)
• Have a willingness to help people in the community
• No prior experience required
• Spanish-speaking/bi-lingual volunteers needed
WHAT WILL I DO AT MY TAX SITE AS A VOLUNTEER?
• Prepare and electronically file income tax returns
• Greet filers or manage appointment schedules
• Help filers learn about ways to save and stretch their refunds
• Act as a translator for volunteers and filers
• Work with one household per hour on average
Questions? Please contact the VITA Team at email@example.com or
Contact Phil Blonski for more information.