Despite Industry Trends in Retail Lending, Liberty Builds Talent, Grows Market Share
Middletown, CT. February 14, 2023. Liberty Bank of Middletown, Connecticut, today announced the hiring of key lending talent and the promotion of another reputable lender who will lead Liberty’s newly expanded team of Affordable Lending Officers.
“While banks and nonbank lenders hiring has slowed as they face high interests rates, declining residential lending activity and overall economic uncertainty, Liberty is bucking the trend with our success in retaining, promoting and expanding our lending teams,” said Matthew Cammarota, Senior Vice President & Head of Retail Lending at Liberty Bank. “We are excited about the growth of our team focused on affordable lending and I am confident they will continue to drive our success and grow market share while providing affordable lending opportunities to homebuyers.”
Liberty has made the following enhancements to their Affordable Lending Team:
- Fanita Borges has been promoted to Residential Sales Manager and is responsible for leading Liberty’s team of Affordable Lending Officers. Borges joined the Bank in 2021 as a Mortgage Loan Officer, bringing with her over 20 years of industry experience. Among many successes since coming to Liberty Bank was her role in launching the Good Neighbor Plus program in Hartford which is designed to provide a pathway to homeownership in the Capital City.
- Pamela Hippolyte, Affordable Mortgage Lending Officer, joined Liberty Bank four years ago and is a pillar in the greater Hartford community. Pam provides financial education programs to first time homebuyers and low-to-moderate income communities, leveraging her more than 30 years of relationships in the industry with local organizations, churches and municipalities.
The following individuals, who bring with them decades of residential and affordable lending experience, recently joined the Affordable Lending Team:
- Linda Urbanec, Affordable Lending Originator, joined the residential lending team in November 2022, bringing with her more than 20 years of experience of residential lending in several capacities. Before coming to Liberty, Urbanec was a loan officer in the affordable lending area at Citizens Bank. Her expertise includes providing financial education programs, conducting first time homebuyer seminars and delivering other services to facilitate the home-buying experience. Urbanec will be covering the greater New Haven market for Liberty.
- Dante Galvez, Affordable Lending Originator, joined Liberty Bank in November 2022. Galvez has over 20 years of experience as a mortgage lending professional, most recently with Embrace Home Loans. He has extensive experience working on affordable loan programs and down payment assistance programs. Galvez has built a strong presence in the Hartford market thanks to his reputation in mortgage lending and his significant involvement in the City’s non-profit community. Galvez also owned a mortgage company where he led a team of five loan officers.
- Ivan Cruz, Affordable Lending Originator, who specializes in affordable lending and will cover the Western Massachusetts market, joined Liberty Bank in February 2023 after spending the last three years as a Mortgage Loan Officer with M&T Bank. Prior to M&T, Cruz was a Mortgage Loan Officer with People’s United Bank and a Branch Manager with United Bank. Cruz has significant experience in affordable lending in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts, working closely with borrowers in low-to-moderate income areas.
- Sofia (Ana) Mendonca, Loan Officer Assistant, joined Liberty in in November 2022, taking a key and much needed role for the expanding Affordable Lending Team. Mendonca brings over 10 years of experience in retail lending and branch operations. That experience will be instrumental in the organization and the execution of services delivered by the Liberty’s affordable lending team.
According to The Warren Group, Liberty Bank secured over 24% marketshare in the City of Hartford in 2022, with all mortgages totaling more than $13 million.
To contact Liberty Bank’s Affordable Lending Team, please contact Fanita Borges, Residential Sales Manager, at 860.704.2166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Liberty Bank
Established in 1825, Liberty Bank is one of the oldest and largest mutual banks in the country. With more than $7.4 billion in assets, Liberty has 56 banking offices across Connecticut and one in Massachusetts. As a full-service financial institution, Liberty offers consumer and commercial banking, cash management, home mortgages, business loans, insurance and investment services. Named ‘Top Workplace’ by the Hartford Courant every year since 2012 and designated a 2021 and 2022 Best-In-State Bank in Connecticut by Forbes Magazine, Liberty maintains a longstanding commitment to superior personal service and unparalleled community involvement. For more information on Liberty Bank, visit www.liberty-bank.com.