In celebration of the 34th Annual Holiday Store Please Join Us for Miracle on Pratt Street to benefit The Salvation Army
Back in 1990, WTIC News Talk 1080 Program Director Jack Mitchell wanted to sponsor a holiday program that would enlist the community in a unified effort to help people in need.
The Holiday Store was put together on a whim, using a donated store front on Pratt Street. WTIC personalities broadcast live from the downtown location – seven day a week, for 12+ hours each day for the entire month of December. Expectations were to fill the 700 square feet of space with non-perishable food, clothing, toys, household items, and money. The community’s response was greater than anyone had anticipated. The store was filled to the ceiling more than 25 times!
No one ever dreamed that the Holiday Store would turn into the huge success that it became. The local media deemed it Miracle on Pratt Street.
Each year the Holiday Store has grown exponentially to serve our neighbors in need. Corporate volunteers, families, school children, and donors look forward to the WTIC Holiday Store with great anticipation. The listening audience has become “the army behind The Army.” The store has brought together folks from all walks of life and united them around a central cause just like Jack Mitchell envisioned. For The Salvation Army, the store is nothing short of a miracle.
In celebration of our 34th year, we invite local businesses, individuals, and civic organizations to join us for a one-day celebration of Miracle on Pratt Street!
Join us for Miracle on Pratt Street as a key sponsor and receive the following in exchange for your donation of $3,400:
- Interview on WTIC during the designated Miracle on Pratt Street day of the Holiday Store. Online
- You company logo included on all pre-event promotions on The Salvation Army website and social
- On-air promotion for the two-week duration of the Holiday Store.
- Web page promotion included on WTIC NewsTalk 1080 AM and The Salvation Army websites.
- Check presentation with your company representatives and officers of The Salvation Army.
- Commemorative Miracle on Pratt Street ornament, in celebration of the 34th Annual Holiday Store.
Host A Drive
- Toys – to make the holidays bright!
- Board Games – for families to gather and spend quality time together!
- Bedding Supplies – for Marshall House family shelter guests. NEW pillows, blankets, and bedding in all sizes are much needed!
- Socks – the #1 most needed item are new socks – all sizes appreciated!
To support Miracle on Pratt Street, or for more information, please contact:
Debbie Camner, Director of Advancement | 203.314.3241